Micro 3D [Space Ship]

Optimization Level = -O3

Also; I’ve updated textures to support transparency :slight_smile: (Single bit, just like regular NETMF, but still perfect for sprites, etc)

So, transparent sprites…

-fI3ff6lI30

1 Like

900 faces on a single model and still maintaining over 25FPS…check :smiley:

1 Like

Good job! :dance:

You guys rock!

All right! I’ve looked into getting it more optimized but it seems like we are on the upper limit. (at least for maintainable C code). We could turn everything into fixed point math and use assembly, but guess it’s beyond the scope of this project.

Can you start it in another thread. Not really related to this one.

@ Architect -

ok, sorry for that

Impressive !!!

@ WouterH -

Can you see my post http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=9272
and help me.
I can’t run your example “Webserver extension for Fez Cobra/EMX”.

Spent 4 hours last night trying to load complex meshes from a couple of different file formats, and failed miserably. Except for X files which failed but not in such a horrid way as to hang the engine.

Did a little more research this morning and figured out my issue. X stores all the vertices once (whether shared or not) and then has another list of faces as their corresponding vertex array index.

Hopefully I’ll be able to take this and start loading some complex models into Wouter’s engine using a modeling tool to create the objects instead of hand coding every vertex…which gets old fast. :wink:

I’ve a long todo list left but I’ve learned a lot going through Wouter’s code. So much so that I’m likely to scrap my completed 2D engine in favor of an RLP version which should have the speed needed to do nice sprite rotation and anti-aliasing (in 2D).

Now loading DirectX meshes with materials

FA6JSGRBaQA

6 Likes

Any more progress on this Wouter? Skewworks?

The engine is complete. Flat render, textures, transparent textures, 2D overlays, loading of DirectX meshes all done.

I haven’t gotten around to making anything of it since I got side tracked with the latest versions of Tinkr & Clix. It’s on my list to return to it soon.

Hi Skewworks/Wouter,

If you want someone to try to make something with it. This would be perfect for the RPG Game I am working on. Does this run on a Spider? Or would I need a Hydra. The way I was planning for it to work is by creating primitives and then texturing them based on map data (A 10x10 grid in the initial stages)

Cheers,

Jas

Jas,

The engine is in RLP and currently only works for 3.5" displays on Hydra. Though it could be changed to work with another device by changing the address space and the location of the display RAM.

@ Skewworks, I’ve now found the excuse I’ve needed to get a Hydra :wink:

Jas

I wish the videos still worked in this thread. This sounds like amazing work.

3 Likes

@ Skewworks @ WouterH

I’m really impressed. Good work.