Micro 3D [Space Ship]

@ WouterH - very sweet. RLP yet or that is pure C#?

@ Gus - I had to switch to RLP to get a decent filling speed, because it needs a specific algorithm. Wireframe 3D went pretty well in C#.

@ WouterH - I’ve setup a bitbucket account. My username is “Skewworks”

You guys remeber this one, right?

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=6193
http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/265

1 Like

@ Architect - that’s actually what I based my initial code on :wink:

Got the initial engine from Wouter this morning! :smiley:

He’s already working on more changes for me and I’ll be adding some of my own this weekend as well. Hopefully I’ll have a nice new video up and ready before the weekend is over.

My main focus will be getting textures to work while Wouter is working on code to let me handle object rotation and positioning separately while still maintaining the z-order for culling. Hopes for the weekend is to create a (limitedly) customizable avatar for use with GameSlate. The body will be unchangeable (except for selecting male/female) and all the customization for round one will be in the way off applying textures to change eyes, mouth, nose, hair, clothes, etc. I’ll even have a background, “stage”, and the ability to add one extra object, “prop”.

Just committed the last piece of code from my side (at least for now) :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see textures running! Go Thom!

International tag team coding! With any luck all I should have to do is add a Boolean flag to let it know which half of bitmap to assign to the triangle and then just apply the same technique as the raycasting demo from Chris.

Never mind that method won’t work if the object is rotated 180 on the z-axis

Well well well, I got texture mapping running. Code is a b*tch for now and will need a lot of cleanup/speedup before it can be published.

6 Likes

Wow, we should have gotten you a hydra sooner :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ WouterH - you’re my freaking hero!

1 Like

Indeed 3 holes in the ground…very cool young man!!!

1 Like

Impressive for a dirty code! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow…

1 Like

The best part is Wouter has agreed to let me open source it, so when I add on the managed side to control user input, level loading, etc you’ll be able to see all the code; native and managed alike.

I’m going to have a lot of work ahead of me to make GameSlate worthy of Wouter’s Tiny3D but I think the end result will be fantastic.

OK, I have to go design some 3D objects to stress test the non-textured engine. 10:1 Wouter will be finished cleaning up his texture code 20 minutes before I’m ready to run the initial non-textured tests. Seriously, this guy codes FAST.

1 Like

That is always great! Can’t wait to take a look!

idd :slight_smile: the hydra is faster then the 486 100MHz I used in my young times for doing this kind of stuff. :slight_smile:

For those of you who are interested the stats on the spinning cube are as follows:

Flat Fill: ~105FPS
Texture: ~25FPS

This is still with the unoptimized code, but not bad at all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you enable optimization on GCC? What level?