Mainboard DebugLed

In docmentation about the FEZ SPider mainboard the configurable Led on the mainboard is mentioned. he led also exists, but i cannot find a way to use it other than PulseDebugLed()

I found reference to the mainboard class where SetDebugLed(True) should set the led ON , but i cant get that to work.

When i use the PulseDebugLed() , it switches the led on, but it doesnt switch offf untill the program ends…

It does however, write a “PulseDebug event” to the debug Output everytime i call the pulse command.

Does anybody know how to switch the led on or off…?
regards
Bert

Please post your code.

Could you try this code, and place a break point on the first line, and step through the code and tell me if the light comes on?

void ProgramStarted()
        {
            /*******************************************************************************************
            Modules added in the Program.gadgeteer designer view are used by typing 
            their name followed by a period, e.g.  button.  or  camera.

Many modules generate useful events. Type +=<tab><tab> to add a handler to an event, e.g.:
                button.ButtonPressed +=<tab><tab>

If you want to do something periodically, use a GT.Timer and handle its Tick event, e.g.:
                GT.Timer timer = new GT.Timer(1000); // every second (1000ms)
                timer.Tick +=<tab><tab>
                timer.Start();
            *******************************************************************************************/
            Mainboard.SetDebugLED(true); //Place a breakpoint here
            Thread.Sleep(5000);
            Mainboard.SetDebugLED(false);

// Use Debug.Print to show messages in Visual Studio's "Output" window during debugging.
            Debug.Print("Program Started");
        }

Thank you Steven,

I did not put Mainboard before the statement.
it works now.

Great to hear. I’m glad you got it working. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum!