MADExpo Speakers Announced and Registration Open!

Registration for the Mid Atlantic Developer Expo (MADExpo) is now open!

MADExpo will be held from June 27th to June 29th, 2012 at the Hampton Roads Convention Center in Hampton Roads, VA.

We’ve also announced the initial lineup of sessions, which you can view here:

http://madexpo.us/sessions

In addition to a bunch of great breakout sessions, including a Gadgeteer session from yours truly, and a hands-on introduction to electronics by Sean Westcott, we’ll also have a full-day Windows 8 camp for those looking to get started building Metro style apps, and a mini-conference for kids 6 and up called MADKidz.

Pete Brown is organizing our demo room, which is dedicated to highlighting awesome geekery of all kinds. Last year, we had a local FIRST robotics team showing off their robot, as well as several Kinect and Surface demos, a local hackerspace showing off their crafts, and a chiptunes developer. And, of course, Pete brought an entire table of toys from his own stash.

We might have some more surprises in store, so if you can make it to Hampton Roads this June, you don’t want to miss out. :slight_smile:

You can register at http://madexpo.us/register. Tickets are $199, but if you use the promotional code MADTweets you can get $50 off. Note that this code will expire in 30 days, so don’t delay.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

I was just looking at your MADExpo and thinking crap would that be cool to attend, tip of the hat to those that put that together.

I don’t see any Pete or Valentin names on that speaker list… :frowning:

Pete will be busy running the demo room.

Valentin did not submit any talks, though I am certain if he wants to show off his work, Pete would be happy to accommodate him. :slight_smile:

I am not presenting anything this time, I am taking my whole team to the expo though.
As for the demo room, I’ll think about something. I have couple of interesting things in progress.

Its going to be great!

Demo room cool can any one put something in that?

@ swestcott

Anyone who coordinates with Pete, and gets his OK. :slight_smile:

If you don’t have Pete’s email, drop me a note and I’ll get it to you.