Looking to buy a Pick and place

Hello guys,
It’s been a while, I hope everyone is ok with the all that’s happening around us!
I’m looking to acquire a PNP machine with oven and the accessories, most probably from China, and would like your input and advise! I remember @Justin buying one few years ago, how is that thing holding up, Justin ? Would be great if you guys can help!
I’m not looking for anything huge or fast but something that would allows us to solders some smd locally once the pcbs make it from China.
Also any pointers on cheap PCB factories that can source and solder parts! Similar to JLCB and Pcbways but more flexible amd cheaper if possible!
Thanks a bunch!
Jay

Are you looking for a small tabletop commercially produced machine, an older production machine, or an open-source/kit/self-built machine?

here is an open-source software for building your own: https://openpnp.org/

Here is a write-up on one SparkFun purchased: https://www.sparkfun.com/news/2586

I am interested in the topic as well. Some boards I only build 20 to 50 a year.

Also any pointers on cheap PCB factories that can source and solder parts! Similar to JLCB and Pcbways but more flexible amd cheaper if possible!

I have recently started a PCB manufacturing company together with some people from China. We strive to make any possible PCB and solder anything required to it. Send me a DM if you’re interested.

Also, rumor has it, that if you send @Gus_Issa some beer money (or a ferrari?) they will assemble some boards for you :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for the input!
I’m actually looking for a brand new machine complete with an oven and all! Something for our team’s internal use, no external customers, and nothing fancy! Even desktop style would be enough! Either from Europe or China! Chinese tends to be cheaper obviously and if someone had already taken the plunge on a model and can vouch for it please let me know!

As for @Gus_Issa I’m well aware of his services, unfortunately these boards do not use the GHI SOC! Not all of them anyway! And are targeted for a market that’s very sensitive to price! So economically speaking, I would have to manufacture the pcbs in China, with assembly, only issue here is that sometimes they can’t source certain parts which is why we need something locally that we can use to finish the job!

@LucaP I will send you a message!

Thank you guys!