Looking for a 2 conductor 24AWG wire (AKA, AC adapter wire)

This is something that is really baffling me. I am putting the RC battery power system together on RWAR, and I need some wire to run from the Traxxas connector to a 5.5mmx2.1mm barrel connector to the FEZ.

I looked at a few stores today, and I didn’t find a single kind of wire that would work. Everything was either far too big or too small and solid.

I am basically looking for 24-22AWG 2 conductor wire. This is the stuff that is very commonly used on small AC adapters (like phone chargers and things). Although I could just look around for an unused AC adapter and butcher it, I’d like to see if I could buy some of this stuff, but it is really difficult to find for some reason.

Anyone know where ot the get the stuff I am talking about?

Check out www.bulkwire.com at their zipwire. That what you’re looking for?

I use bulkwire all the time for model railroading. Cheap. Lots of colors and every type imaginable!

Chris, I have some 22 AWG 2 conductor stranded with a foil shield. You don’t need the shield, but if you don’t find anything else let me know and I’ll send you some. Since you’re just up the road you should have it the next day. Just send me an email with your address.

Hi Jeff and Greg,

I think I found exactly what I am looking for with Greg’s link, but that you very much for the offer! I do appreciate it :slight_smile:

@ Greg: Yep: Their 25ft spool of 24AWG is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

BulkWire is a great website. I’ve got TONS of product from them for my model train. Spools of different AWG, lengths and colors.

I <3 www.bulkwire.com

Wow, they shipped my order like 10 minutes after I submitted it.

Told you they were good!