Linux on Hydra

I am not sure if I will be allowed to disclose much, but I will provide what I can.

There is one more with Linux but not Cerberus :wink:

:think: Are you talking about another new Fez? :o

Well, there is still that FEZ coming that is supposed to be an improvement of the arduino form factor… Perhaps the same one or do we have another monster in the pipeline???

@ Rajesh

Followed your tutorial (what you have so far) - worked good. I am using VMware Player by the way. Looking forward for the rest of the tutorial :wink:

By the way you have two “The AT91 Bootstrap” identical sections in the tutorial. I will try the U-Boot section that you have added today.

@ Architect

Yes, the joys of copy paste. I removed one.

Hold on the U-boot. I will have that complete today for you to try. It may be missing a few things.

We had a long break in Canada - Sat,Sun,Mon and Tue. It was X’mas and Boxing day - eating, rolling on the couch, TV and shopping …

Just getting back to normal :slight_smile:

Yep, I have spent 6 years in Ottawa, I know what you mean. ;D

@ Architect

Go ahead and try to compile U-Boot. I think I got all the steps down but it would help for someone to test.

We are pretty close now.

I will put in the kernel notes tomorrow.

Great! Thank you. I will check it later today.

I’ve been running Linux on the ChipWorkX for a few weeks now… I’m only missing LCD support atm.

Linux on the CWX is a straight fit, because it has all the flash types on board to support the AT91 linux demos.

With the Hydra we want to use the onboard Dataflash for .NET MF and use SD Card for Linux.

Adjusting the LCD on CWX should be easy but I dont have a CWX. However if you tell me about your problem, I can try to help.