Link failure due to assembly references that cannot be resolved

Hi!

I have a new FEZ Cobra 1.3 Board and I am experimenting with it using Microsoft Visual Studio 10 Professional and the latest Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1. I have also downloaded the latest GHI libraries.
I am trying to get an example program to run. It is similar to the program on the page http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/NETMF/Library%20Documentation/Index.htmlGHIElectronics.NETMF.Net Namespace → Ethernet Class.
When I use the libraries mscorlib, System, Microsoft.SPOT.Native and Microsoft.SPOT.Net, everything is fine. To add further Code, I need to use the library GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net. When I add this library, my project cannot be linked anymore. The following error occurs:

Invalid native checksum: GHIElectronics.NETMF.System 0xC032A004!=0x74F83809
Resolving.
Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!
Assembly: System (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly 'Microsoft.SPOT.Net' (4.1.2821.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.1.2821.0) needs assembly 'Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware' (4.1.2821.0)
Error: a3000000

Strange, because I do not use the assemblies Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware, Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort and GHIElectronics.NETMF.System. When I add these three, the error stays the same…

Why does this happen? The versions of the libraries that I use seem to be o.k.

Can you create a new FEZ Cobra project from Visual Stdio, deploy and test. Just use the template code. Also ensure that on the project properties > mf settings, USB and EMX are selected.

I am very sorry, a firmware update solves the problem. You wrote that a firmware updates solves many problem, but I read it too late. I guess this topic can be closed. Thanks for your answer!

I reckon that the Anti static bags that the devices come in needs to have a bio-hazard sticker on there saying UPDATE THE FIRMWARE :slight_smile: