Just made my first project post - Cobra Photo Frame with Clock, Weather and News

This is my first project of any significance for the FEZ Cobra with 4" display. Comments welcome.

http://www.microframeworkprojects.com/index.php?title=Photo_Frame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSJuaF_-9F8

-Eric

Great job Eric.

Thanks … it took a while to figure out how to use HttpWebRequest, but I was persistent and I’m pretty happy with results.

One more thing I made heavy use of the emulator while writing it and that made things go very quickly. (Quicker code/debug cycles.)

-Eric

Very nice one !!! :clap:

Sweet! Looks very nice!

Very cool!

Have you used the HTTP request on full .NET before? If so, is it very different in NETMF?

Very nice.

I did something very similar, only mine just does weather and the time. Guess I’ll have to update it to parse CNN’s RSS feed or something.

mhectorgato - No I used WebClient before, but not HttpWebRequest. I created a class very similiar to the full framework WebClient for this project. (Called WebClient of course)

Chris - The Arms race is on! ;D If you add CNN parsing, I’m going to add … I dunno something great!

Thanks everybody it was a lot of fun to do.

---- Just noticed … King’s (wow!) get an actual photo avatar. Cool - Chris If that is a recent picture, you have a very bright future ahead of you! ----

-Eric

Yeah, that’s the most recent I have. I have been trying to find a picture of me flying a plane or something, but somehow none of those ever turn out so well.

As for an RSS parser, that should be very trivial to implement. I have done RSS parsing before (with PHP) it’s pretty easy stuff.

I might even just make a class to do it in NETMF.

I assumed you were using RSS parsing to get the news, no?

Actually Google isn’t using RSS for this.

[url]Google

Not much different than parsing RSS though.

-Eric

It’s just XML, it’s just that they are using their own format. Not sure why they would do that, but to each his own, I guess.

looking very nice! 8)
I guess my cobra will have a new program on it soon :smiley:

Wow, that’s very slick! Good job EricM.

PS: Thanks for sharing your code, I’m sure I’d learn a lot from it.