Joystick issues

Hello,

I’ve been trying to use a joystick in a few projects I’ve been making at school. However my first problem is that there seems to be a problem with using the joystick in any code that I use.

joystick.JoystickPressed += new Joystick.JoystickEventHandler(joystick_JoystickPressed);

I’ve been trying to use that code, but it gives me a few errors, such as:

'The type name ‘JoystickEventHandler’ does not exist in the type ‘Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Joystick’

and

‘Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Joystick’ does not contain a definition for ‘JoystickPressed’ and no extension method ‘JoystickPressed’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Joystick’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

However, all other components that I am using are working fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?
Thanks.

I seem to recall there being some issues with the Joystick. I think there are some fixes for it coming this week. Search around for another thread about Joysticks from a few weeks ago.

Here I found the thread…

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/21/5125/

Firstly, thanks for your help Ian. I downloaded that but sadly am still getting the same problem. At school it works fine but it is only at home that I am having these problems. Do you have any other suggestions?

did you try to create a new project
and start again?

never experienced your problem, but many problems were magically solved by reloading visual studio :slight_smile:

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion though :wink:

In case you haven’t seen this, there is also new SDK/Firmware (released yesterday):

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/12/5358/#/1/

That might help.

You almost certainly have a bad or missing file reference. Unfortunately, the new SDK software was yanked last night and hasn’t been put back on the site. As soon as Gus puts it back up, I would uninstall everything then reinstall the new SDK and make sure you update your firmware in the process. Then remove & re-add all your assembly references to your project.

Well Ian, as it turns out my friend was having a look around and managed to find an installer from around October. I uninstalled almost everything, and what do you know, it worked! Thank you so much for your help!!

And Architecht, truth be told I did have a look at that page but thought little of it… I should probably look harder next time. :wink:

Great! I’d still be sure and update the SDK as soon as it’s back since there were some known issues with the old versions of the Joystick driver.

Ok, will do. Once again thank you!