It's not always the SDModule or the SD Memory card that gives you a problem

Not sure why I posted this here but…

I have been having some on and off problems using a SD card with my raptor.
Some exceptions were really strange (At least to me).

Using Visual Studio 2013 Pro
An unhandled exception of type ‘System.NullReferenceException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore.dll
When pressing GLIDE CAL button. (The application is using a SD Card)

Locating source for ‘d:\SD\current\client_v4_3_dev\Framework\TinyCore\System\Application.cs’. Checksum: MD5 {1e 6a fb 3b 33 c3 98 d 3f 7e 7 87 1b 32 cd a3}
The file ‘d:\SD\current\client_v4_3_dev\Framework\TinyCore\System\Application.cs’ does not exist.
Looking in script documents for ‘d:\SD\current\client_v4_3_dev\Framework\TinyCore\System\Application.cs’…
Looking in the projects for ‘d:\SD\current\client_v4_3_dev\Framework\TinyCore\System\Application.cs’.
The file was not found in a project.
Looking in directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\crt\src’…
Looking in directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\crt\src\vccorlib’…
Looking in directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc’…
Looking in directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\atlmfc\src\atl’…
Looking in directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\atlmfc\include’…
The debug source files settings for the active solution indicate that the debugger will not ask the user to find the file: d:\SD\current\client_v4_3_dev\Framework\TinyCore\System\Application.cs.
The debugger could not locate the source file ‘d:\SD\current\client_v4_3_dev\Framework\TinyCore\System\Application.cs’.

And other exceptions which I could not track down like ‘The device does not have a valid file system’ Etc…

All exceptions were related related to when the SD was referenced.

I finally found the problem.

Guess what! All the Micro Memory Card(s) I tried were OK.
I finally changed the Adapter Card that holds the Micro card…

Presto! All is well!
Not sure why I never thought that it could be the adapter and not something else…

Frustrated me for a LONG time…

2 Likes

Yeah, I have given up in using MicroSD with any adapter for this very reason. I now just buy SD cards and be done with it.

I’m the opposite, I’ve given up buying things that don’t have microSD slots :slight_smile:

@ willgeorge - Glad you figured it out. Congrats!