Is VS2012 slow for you?

Werner, sounds like you have it all “sorted” but it’s something you might need to understand the nuances. Just because you have something installed, doesn’t mean you’re “using” it. The places to look are what firmware version you have installed - so checking Device Capabilities with MFDeploy is a good way to verify that. Then you need to make sure your project targets the same version of the framework by looking at your project’s .Net Micro Framework target (open project properties, look at Application tab and check Target Framework)

This problem is clearly related to GHI Legacy USB drivers.

I tried to debug with VS2012 (custom NETMF4.3 firmware) either for Cerberus or Hydra and it is almost unusable with PID 0x0102 using legacy drivers and correct (as expected) with PID 0x0106 using WinUSB drivers.

The legacy drivers performance is the same as debugging with a COM port.

1 Like

machine we tested, is i7 processor with 12MB of RAM.

12MB, that’s your problem right there :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ NicolasG - I got veeery slow vs2012 with spider, g120hdr and cobra II, where to start debug need more or less 45sec to 1min.
Hydra and Cerberus are lot faster also with stock fw.
The 4.2 fw compiled by myself for STM32 is same speed as in VS2010, although I’ve not touched USB driver.
I’ve I7-3770 Win8-64 16GB pc and NO WinUSB driver, but same issue also on fresh Win8 and Win7 installed PC…

This is so true!!! I’ve manually changed the drivers to WinUSB ones, and now VS2012 is lightning fast. I think it may even work faster than VS2010 with old drivers. Deploy time: ~7 seconds. Stepping over code lines — almost instant.

Thanks man. Perhaps now I will finally retire VS2010.

lol

WinUSB solved the problem !

@ andre.m - you find it in C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_NETMF_WinUsb after installing the ghi sdk

@ andre.m - You got it … I had on disk for long time, before realizing that this would save my G120 …
PS: But this is valid also for OSHW boards Hydra and Cerberus ?

This is too funny! :smiley:

Some language may be inappropriate for children… viewer discretion is advised.