Is the pin 24 (3.3) connected or not?

Hi Folks

I am confused about the schematic of the Fez Mini, when in Eagle I see that the 3.3 is marked as NC, but the manual dont cast any light on this, so for clarification I ask you guys.

Is the pin 24 “3.3NC” not connected or is it connected (I do really hope for the latter)

Best regards,
Robin.

schematics for reference: http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/FEZ/Mini/FEZMini_sch.pdf

There is a resistor on the pin so it is optional to have 3.3V there or remove it. I believe GHI has the resistor there by default

So by default there is 3.3v comming out of that pin ?

Yes should, why not just measure it to double check?

I dont have one yet :frowning: its on a what to buy list

hi Robin… The FEZmini is Basic Stamp2, 24 pin compatible… I do use it on the BoeBot robot, for some projects… I get about 3.2V when I place it in the FEZmini Robot, and I get about 5.24V when its in the BoeBot; same pin; #24, same program (a basic PWM on Digial pin #9). Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

Okay thank you

I am abit confused, first you said 3.2 and then you said 5.24 ??

[quote]I get about 3.2V when I place it in the FEZmini Robot, and I get about 5.24V when its in the BoeBot; same pin; #24, same program (a basic PWM on Digial pin #9)
[/quote]

The FEZmini Robot is one of the boards I’m using that you can buy here at GHI, you can look at the pdf manual and its info; this is where I get the 3.2V on pin #24.

The Basic Stamp 2 gives me 5.40V on the same pin #24 when its in the BoeBot (Diffirent CO). The FEZmini gives me 5.24V on pin #24, when I place it in the BoeBot. The FEZmini is pin compatible with the Basic Stamp 2.

I guess you get a voltage on PIN #24; depending where you use FEZmini; on FEZminiRobot, BoeBot, or other. You’ll see that other GHI products are also compatible with other divices.

Its just very important that is has en output of 3.3 volts since the device I am putting it into will be depending on that voltage.

and It should be steady on that voltage.

But I ordered one already and I will test it when I get it, and I really hope it meets my needs :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help

Tested the FEZmini by itself… powered by only the USB cable, and pin #24 gives you 3.32V… hope this helps you.

This helps alot, thanks :slight_smile: