Is Socket type X supported on Cerberus?

Looking at the Cerberus product page:

http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/349

The first bullet point under Key Features says that socket type X is included in the supported types. But none of the sockets are labeled X.

So the answer to my question in the thread title is not clear. I’d like to use the new IR receiver module with Cerberus, but I don’t want to spend a bunch of time trying to make this work if type X isn’t supported.

So, what’s the official answer?

FWIW, the Gadgeteer designer shows green across all the sockets that are labeled with Y, suggesting that X is also supported, but when I hook it up, I’m getting an error “The type or namespace name ‘IRReciever’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics’” which may or may not be related.

all red rectangles are x and y sockets by default

“red rectangles”? Not getting the reference. The only red boards are the power boards, which are socket D, so I must be misunderstanding you.

Architect meant that all the red rectangles on the Cerberus product page that specify the socket types are both X and Y in addition to what is listed. Also, any Y is also an X. See Home - GHI Electronics for more information.

1 Like

I forgot where is the gadgeteer source code for cerberus mainboard? I believe you can check in code as well.
But as JREndean clarified already that is how I understood the prodcut page socket diagram. All sockets are X, Y even if they are not labeled.

OK…sorry, missed that you were referring to the red rectangles on the product page. :slight_smile:

@ JREndean

Thanks for the clarification…I should have thought to check the gadgeteer socket spec. Haven’t referenced it in a while (obviously). Now if I can just figure out why my Cerberus is throwing a USB error when I connect it, I should be golden. :smiley:

Following up…I got the IR Receiver module working perfectly. Have some other issues to work out, but I think they may be related to the version of the SDK and FW I’m on, so probably time to update to the latest (though I’m VERY nervous about doing so right before MADExpo).

X = 3 digital pins
Y = 7 digital pins

So, any Y socket is actually an X socket as well. Modules that support Y will have X on the socket as well.