Is .net mf dead?

i’m in and I have my big large plastic bag ready to be filled :slight_smile:

seriously i’m interested…

Hi All,

Count me in also !!!

As someone said, it is always better to have problems of rich people, than problems of poor one !

TO feedback on NETMF a bit, I would say that when we decided to develop our Embedded products on this Platform, we hoped to (at least) :

• Use an identical dev. environnement and language for both PC and Embedded application,
  • Do not have to add specific human resources, to develop on another technology will all the implications that come with,
  • facilitate the compliance between PC and embed communication pusposes such as DPWS and WCF as an example,
  • find cost effective hardware platforms to build well priced products to growth our market rapidly,
  • find a community that really have the same goal to share experience and the Framework to be recognized on the web as an efficient solution, and not only to compete on how many forks and distributions I will be able compile on…

Well, How to say that everything here is a success for us til then…

Effectively bugs are there, and effectively Microsoft is not as efficient to solve them as on other platforms such as WP8 and so on, but making them changing their goal is OUR job !

When RedHat came on the market with its first operating system, how many people said it will die before it was born ? A couple of years later, how many people are devloping on LINUX OS ?

So guys… I heard NETMF was Open source no ? So, who knows C/C++ development enough to be able to make a branch on Codeplex, to start correcting those fu… bugs, and make everyone take profit of that ?

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the NETMF framework. This platform is NOT popular and we are few in number, but we can gain an edge if we work together and build a strong community.

My personal plan is to…

1. Contribute as much documentation and code as possible (probably via Code Share and helping with the Wiki).

2. IMHO, a huge part of the power of NETMF is being able to modify the PK. I want to make it easier for others to start modifying the PK. So I plan on building an installer for the PK and GCC toolchain. Manually following build instructions is the way Penguin Lovers do things. This is 2014, don’t tell me how to do it TELL MY COMPUTER HOW TO DO IT! I want to click Install and then click Build.

3. Get Hack-A-Day to publish articles about my projects. They published something else I did once and my blog got 20K hits in 24hrs. That was like a decade ago. Imagine GHI, Netduino, etc. getting that traffic. It’d be a good thing for all of us.

6 Likes

@ untitled - Amazing !

I was just desperate to have some answers to my question, but you saved me just right now !

Unfortunetaly I’m not a master in low level languages as I left this level for a long time, but It would effectively be nice to maybe come back with a simplified PK dev environnement…

My goal for 2014, is to be able to market my products (already in beta version) and communicate on the technology by providing the “Made with NETMF” label !..And of course made with GHI G120 :smiley:

Keep on track ! I hope others will follow you !