iPhone madness?

I have a barely used Lumia 820 that I’ve been meaning to put on eBay for the past couple months… If someone here wants it, they can have it for $150 + shipping. Email me.

Duke, if you’re looking to develop some apps for the Windows Phone store, ping me via email, and I may be able to help with a dev device.

It would be interesting to see if a fingerprint could be lifted off the phone and then used to unlock it.This would be a more meaningful break.

You need to print a fingerprint at high resolution … so if there’s a fingerprint on the ahem touch device, I would imagine that it’s possible.

Depends upon the quality of lifted finger print. Normal fingerprint identification is by matching a number of key points within the print. Whether a lifted print has enough matching points for the scanner can only be determined by testing. Apple’s scanner may be requiring a very high quality print, which might be a difficult to obtain off the phone.

A good experiment would be to take 10 random phones and see how many could be cracked.

I have 20 :smiley:

No, permanent resident. :slight_smile:

Your dog & cat have 4

Or what about your nipples?

@ Dave McLaughlin I seen that and other appendages etc used. Want to make that Marine nervous at the security check in, start unzipping your pants as you walk up to the bio scanner. On the upside however, everyone else started showing up early for work.

I started this thread because I thought I was a bit crazy… after seeing how this thread has progressed, particularly Dave’s contribution, I think I might be too normal! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had the wrong link in clipboard…

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/20/tech/mobile/iphone-dog-paw-print-ireport/index.html?

Not as crazy as some it would appear? :slight_smile:

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=3&articleid=13393013

1 Like

@ Dave McLaughlin - tehehe - classic

Waterproof operating system! LOL

wow, some fell for that?!

They probably feel really embarrassed by now.

I heard that IOS7 and the IPhone 5S had a proctoscope app. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you excited? LOL (Sorry couldn’t resist)

Here is a follow up article on the finger hacking of the IPhone 5S.