Intel announced v2 recently:
What’s new with Intel Galileo Gen 2: - 6-pin 3.3V USB TTL UART header replaces 3.5mm jack RS-232 console port for Linux debug.
- New 6-pin connector mates with standard FTDI* USB serial cable (TTL-232R-3V3) and popular USB-to-Serial breakout boards.
- 12 GPIOs now fully native for greater speed and improved drive strength.
- 12-bit pulse-width modulation (PWM) for more precise control of servos and smoother response.
- Console UART1 can be redirected to Arduino* headers in sketches, eliminating the need for soft-serial in many cases.
- 12V Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capable (PoE module installation required).
- Power regulation system changed to accept power supplies from 7V to 15V.
V1 vs V2 comparison image: http://notebookitalia.it/images/stories/intel_galileo/intel_galileo_gen2_galileo_gen1.jpg