Install troubles with XP and Vista

Hi,

I’m trying to install my FEZ domino on computers running on XP or vista, but USB Drivers don’t work. I downloaded the last vresion of SDK and USB drivers 32 bits.
Any Ideas ?
Thx.

Hi,

What happens when you plugin the domino? Do you see that it’s detecting the hardware? Do you get a message or something?

Regards,
Hullie

Yes the domino is detected, but XP or Vista can’t find the drivers. Then, the two OS ask to switch to manual research.
I tried the two directory below :
C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK
C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF USB Drivers (the 32bits version)

But I have error messages saying that windows can’t find driver, and i can’t find the card with MFDeploy.

Did you try to download and install the following : http://ghielectronics.com/downloads/NETMF/GHI%20NETMF%20USB%20Drivers%2032-Bit.zip ?

It will copy drivers in a place where Windows will find them without your help :wink:
First, disconnect the Domino, then install the drivers, then reconnect the board. It should work.

Yes i tried the USB drivers 32bits in download section, but it didn’t work.

Have you tried powering Domino from a power pack?

What if you try plugging it into another USB port?

thx for your help by the way :wink:
Yes i tried other USB port and two computers.
I just tried powering domino with a power pack, but no…

Follow the instruction in:
[url]http://www.tinyclr.com/downloads/FEZ_Tutorial.pdf[/url]
This document explains how to install the driver manually.

Hi again,
I tried a fresh start with another XP computer.
I installed VS express 2010, .net micro framework SDK and GHI SDK.
Then I installed USB drivers 32 bits and pluged-in my Domino card.
USBizi was detected, and drivers were correctly installed.
But, another USBizi was detected just after this first install, and drivers installation failed for the second USBizi. Then VCOM was detected and drivers installation failed as well.

I think the detection of two USBizi is probably the key.
Any ideas ?
Thx a lot for your help.

You can safely have multiple devices on the same PC with no problems. Many members of this community have more than one device

Just plugged 4 usbizi devices into my laptop. Everything fine :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway. Are they connect to a powered usb hub?

I only have one domino card plugged, but XP recognizes it two times.