Infrared LED ID

I have a clear infrared LED that has the POS. on the large cup side and the NEG. on the small finger looking side also the small side has a flat side on it. This is backwards from any LED I have used ( I’m very new at this, sorry to be so bumb.) Is there anyway this arrangement can help me identify this LED. (voltage and mA rating )??
THANKS JIM

I know but this is from industrial scrap and I have no way to know. I just thought by the POS. and NEG pins being different than an ordinary LED it might put them in a certain class. Was just thinking someone may have had some that were similar and could shed some light on these.
THANKS A LOT JIM

Welcome

Not that I will be of much assistance here: Perhaps you could post a picture of the LED.

I don’t think I could get a good picture of the inside but it looks just like an ordinary 5 mm LED except the cathode and anode are much heavier and when you look into the end it has a small square in the cup (looks like an eye looking back at you) ha ha This LED can be seen (a light red glow) at 2.6 volts but is running around 100mA ??
THANKS FOR ANY HELP JIM

THANKS everybody. I had a feeling that it wasn’t possible but I’ll tinker with it and see what I can do.
THANKS AGAIN JIM