Infield update of firmware

Sent by dropbox

@Dat_Tran Have you been able to get the file ?

Yes, we got the zip file. We will test in shortly.

And we found the issue when ran your project.

Thanks for your help!

What did you find ?

Your bitmaps have a lot white 0xff which caused the system to think it is blank space

I have an earlier version of our software created when RC-1 came out. It has essentially the same bitmap resources as current version. It does work on IFU.

That is correct. We believe the issue is solved and you will be able to try it within few days. We have found another small issue that was corrected and we are now testing.

Ok. The important thing is that the procedure to do IFU programmatically does not change

Not yet :wink: I am kidding. The plan is to not change and API at this point

It depends. Example, you have 4.1KB of white 0xFF. If first 2KB in a sector, next 2.1KB in next sector, the issue wonā€™t be happened. But if we change source code, change other resourceā€¦ somehow 4K in one external sector (4K) and 0.1K in next sector, the system will think that sector empty.

Can you please help us to check if RC2 is good with IFU?

Yes, RC2 works great. In fact, the automatic update of VS extension was sufficient to solve the problem. A build after the VS update created a TCA that worked both through TinyConfig and programmatically through updater. I have since updated everything to RC2. Still works
Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks, without your help, we are not sure how to reproduce the issue.