IFU Update Error

yes, MD5 is not important. Once we found out the problem, we recommend take MD5 checking off.

No, they are same exception.

Let us know if 1K totally working, thanks

Just an update. (Sorry for the long delay, got pulled to other projects.)

The OTA update of application and firmware on an SCM20100E with extended QSPI Flash, over cellular, worked. It is painful to test since it takes 15 to 20 minutes to get the application and firmware downloaded. I am using a CAT 1 modem and I have a very weak signal.

There is much to do to build out the device app and the back-end server but the update process does work.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

3 Likes

Hey skeller, while of no real help at this point with OTA, are you using any compression algorithms/engine.?
I would love to see compression with ability to .zip file/folder structures.

BTW:
When we IFU apps that are say, 1MB in size over cell CAT1 LTE to SD Card…it takes approx 5min…again no compression on the bytes and bits.

I am not using any compression. I suspect the reason for the slow download is due to the very weak signal that I have. I am inside a metal building. I think the signal is about as weak as possible but still able to connect. While sometimes a pain, it does make it a bit easier to test getting the modem and the network stack reconnected when the signal drops out.

Yeah, understand where you are coming from as far as cell testing.

We ended up building a tunable ‘poor mans’ anechoic chamber, which gives a pretty good ‘real-world - within-a-lab’ experience.

…of course cell has deeper inner-demons, only experienced when out in the field.

If anybody else is reading this thread…ideas for compression.?