Idustrial Controller? (Analog Sample Rates)

First I would like to say I am really excited about these controllers.

I am looking to use these FEZ Cobra + Touch Screen to controller some simple automated machines I tinker with.

Before I jump in,
I have two 0-10V signals I will be reading (but not simultaneously)
Anyone know what the A/D resolution is?
What sort of sampling rates can I could possibly get by just monitoring an input and shutting off a digital output once it gets to a certain value? (Or what is possible with the DOMINO)

Also anybody have any reason why I shouldn’t use these to control machinery?

Thank you for your help!

You will need to scale ti down to 0 to 3.3V

[quote]Anyone know what the A/D resolution is?
What sort of sampling rates can I could possibly get by just monitoring an input and shutting off a digital output once it gets to a certain value? (Or what is possible with the DOMINO)
[/quote]

The built in ADC is 10bit. Note that the ADC is great for simple measurements (temperature, pressure…etc.) but not meant to be used as a high end data acquisition system.
You can get a lot of sampling but ideally you would use only what you need. Maybe 100 samples per sec.

[quote]Also anybody have any reason why I shouldn’t use these to control machinery?
[/quote]
Why not? but of course these devices are not licensed or guaranteed to work in life dangering environment. You do not want your machine to chop someone’s hand off because the code locked up :slight_smile: