I may have to buy another Domino

I have started to port an ASP.NET webserver over to MF, and so far not too bad. I am also porting MVC3.

The plan is to have a real MVC webserver that is in a small brick that I can place at any client, and have it drive my control systems.

After porting some code, I have discovered that this is easier than coding for cell, in that there are more libraries that are rapid development friendly. So after the MVC server prototype is done, I am going to look at porting my MCs over to dominos.

All that being said, is there anything that I may have missed on the connectivity limits of the Ethernet shield, or the MF?

NetMF is extremely RAD friendly indeed, the only problems i foresee for porting other code could be with anything that requires realtime interaction. If it’s just reading inputs and logging or handing the information then MF is perfect for the job. ie: if you need submilisecond handling - leave it as it is, otherwise, NetMF all the way!

[quote]All that being said, is there anything that I may have missed on the connectivity limits of the Ethernet shield, or the MF?
[/quote]

Ethernet Shield with WIZnet chip can handle 4 sockets simultaneously no more, of course scokets are reusable if freed. On the other hand FEZ Cobra can handle up to 128 sockets simultaneously. so you can start with FEZ Domino then if more hardware resources are required to can upgrade to FEZ Cobra.

I probably won’t need the cobra until I start feeding media streams, and I can just see my customer asking if I can put a micro camera on an arm. But thx for the Advice!

Lets just hope they don’t see this post until I am done with prototypes. :slight_smile: