I got my WiFi RN171

Hi, I got my WiFi RN171 just now.

Where could I find some docs and sample code?

Thanks

@ Tzu Hsuan -

I am surprised there is no reply to your question.

I have been looking around (Not good at it) and I have found nothing except the Roving Networks data.

http://rovingnetworks.com/products/RN171

I use the RN131G devices and they work well…

I will watch this post and see if we both can get some information…

I do not see a reference to it in Add Reference or the Visual Studio Toolbox. I tried VS 2010 and Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop.

And there is no Resources Tab in the Catalog reference… Why would GHI do that? They are so good at providing info…

Maybe they are busy in their new products?
The priority of new product is always higher than the docs.
Maybe some masters in this forum will give us an example.

Sorry guys, we are working on it.

1 Like

My apologies, this will not hit the documentation today as we had hoped, but to get you going here is a simple usage example.

namespace RN_171_Example
{
    public partial class Program
    {
        wifi_RN171.Initialize(GTM.GHIElectronics.WiFi_RN171.SocketProtocol.TCP_Server); //Init as TCP Server
            wifi_RN171.EnableHttpServer(); //Enable HTTP Parsing
            wifi_RN171.HttpRequestReceived += new GTM.GHIElectronics.WiFi_RN171.HttpRequestReceivedHandler(wifi_RN171_HttpRequestReceived);
        }

void wifi_RN171_HttpRequestReceived(GTM.GHIElectronics.HttpStream request)
        {
            string requestedURL = request.Request.URL;

if (requestedURL == "/index.html")
            {
                request.Response.HeaderData["Content-type"] = "text/html";
                request.Response.HeaderData["Connection"] = "close";
                request.Response.HeaderData["Cache-Control"] = "no-cache";
                request.Response.StatusCode = GTM.GHIElectronics.HttpResponse.ResponseStatus.OK;

//All you have to do is send the document data through the response object.
                //Header data is automatically applied for you when you chose to send.
                request.Response.Send(System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("<html><head></head><body>HELLO!</body></html>"));
            }
        }
    }
}

1 Like

@ James -

Thank You

Thank you James, I will try .