Main Site Documentation

I am trying to implement a rudimentary song with the Piezo buzzer

I recently got the Cerbot and it has a nice 16 LED panel on the front. So of course, I want to implement the Knight Rider forever progress bar. That part is easy…I also want to play the theme song on the buzzer.

So I adapted helper code from Netduino helper classes to work with the buzzer (http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/3DProjects/MyProjects/Shared/MicroFramework/netduinohelpers/Sound/RttlSong.cs) to be able to play RingTone songs.

However, the CerbotController.StartBuzzer only works for frequency values between 1000 and 2000. All other values produce low-pitch noise.

Am I missing something simple here?

this is interesting, I am also looking for some samples for the Gadgeteer Tunes module, I have never heard of the rttl but looks like the way forward

The tunes module is one way to go, but I’d rather use the built in Piezo on the board. I tried it again and it just doesn’t process frequencies outside of the 1000 and 2000 Hz.

You can turn built-in piezo into a Tunes module, by changing tunes driver a little bit.

Can you expand on what you said? How do I do what you just mentioned? And more importantly how do I get it to play frequencies outside of the range (1k - 2k)?

Nevermind…noob error. I thought I was on R3 but in reality I was on R2. I updated the firmware on the Cerbot and all is good - the buzzer sounds real good.