Hydra firmware update

The wiki has the following statement after the Bootstrap procedure.

Is this still the case? Next steps have to do with loading the TinyCLR firmware.

No this is wrong. We need to update that page on Monday. Once loaded tinybooter using samba, then you can use mfdeploy to load firmware.

cool, thx. will have two gadgeteer boards running shortly 8)

@ Gus

Glad to hear that, since that’s exactly what I did the second time around. I was a little worried initially, since I was having trouble getting the Hydra back into TinyBooter mode.

Turns out, I had mistakenly plugged my LED module into socket 14, instead of the button module, which would kinda explain why pressing the button wasn’t giving the desired result. :wink:

Once I got past my own hardware stupidity, the firmware update was a breeze!

And as noted in the other thread(s), the new firmware fixed the problem I was having with Glide (yay!).

Have a great weekend!

You actually do not even need a button. It is all automated. I invite you to try it now. Open mfdeploy, select the firmware and clock deploy :slight_smile:

It is all becoming freaking eazy (FEZ) very soon

OK if I wait for the next version (with, perhaps, the fix for the OLED module issue :))?

After all, if I update my firmware more than twice in two days, someone might think I’m obsessive about all this gadgeteer stuff. :o

Is the WiFi RS21 supposed to work with Hydra on this build?

Release notes say: Fixed WiFi RS21 driver. First working release with completely redesigned user interface.

But that’s listed under general Gadgeteer and not specifically under Hydra or Spider.

For me I still get

#### Exception System.Exception - CLR_E_DRIVER_NOT_REGISTERED (2) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.NativeEventDispatcher::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
    #### GHIElectronics.NETMF.System.InternalEvent::.cctor [IP: 0014] ####

If I try to attach it to my Hydra

Wifi will not work on hydra. See product description please.

Open source and NDA do not mix sadly :frowning:

No way to do a close source driver for the Hydra? Bummer. :frowning:

No problem… just write the driver yourself. :wink:

Believe me I’m considering it. But first I’ll have the lawyers at the day job talk it over and let me know if there would be any legal issues with that. I don’t want myself or GHI in any hot water over it.

I’d think just using that same DLL the Spider uses would work but it throws the following at startup:

#### Exception System.Exception - CLR_E_DRIVER_NOT_REGISTERED (2) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.NativeEventDispatcher::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
    #### GHIElectronics.NETMF.System.InternalEvent::.cctor [IP: 0014] ####

So it would seem I’d need to write an event driver to replace GHIElectronics.NETMF.System.InternalEvent