Main Site Documentation

How to separate the two boards?

I presume like everyone else, I received the populated board and the unpopulated board as a single piece… it’s not clear to me how to separate them… it might be as simple as just snapping them apart - but if I’m wrong and the boards are not pre-scored with an easy break-apart line, I’m afraid I might break the populated one if I try this.

Or do I need to cut them apart with a saw or a Dremel?

I can’t believe I’m the only person to ask this, but I’ve searched and I can’t find any comments about the fact that the boards came together uncut.

Thanks,

Graham
PS And yes, I know it’s been a few weeks since they arrived, but I now have some free time to get into the project. In fact when I retire at the end of this month, I’m going to have a lot of free time for projects like this. “Freedom!!!” :slight_smile:

@ gtoal - Welcome to the forum!

I believe that my two pieces arrived already separated. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve used paper trimmer in the past

Something like Dremel should work too.

the mBuino boards ?

they are scored and can be snapped by bending them a little.

If you are concerned about the rough edges, run a hobby knife to smoothen :slight_smile:

Would this help?

Set them the v-score (the little gap in between) on the edge of a table and push downwards on the one hanging puff the table.

The v-score should be on the top side and you push down. If the board is scored on both sides then it does not matter.

And welcome ot the community.

brings back memories :slight_smile:

@ gtoal - Mine also came as a single piece, the snapped apart easily with no damage to the boards. Of course your experience might differ, but at least you are not alone :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone - I’ll break it apart this weekend. I’ll set up a camera and record it :slight_smile: