How to remove all software on my computer that came from a beaglebone (black)

I’m trying to troubleshoot a problem with my network over USB driver on my computer and as part of the process I need to uninstall all the software on my computer that came from the BBB. As far as I know, the only thing that should have downloaded to my computer is the BONE_D64 USB driver, but I don’t know how to delete the driver from my computer. (obviously deleting the BONE_D64.exe file is simple, but I don’t know how to remove the actual driver.) Does anyone know how to do this? Also, are there any other software installations that could be on my computer from a beaglebone?
Thanks

@ chenselman -

Not sure of other drivers but if you boot the BBB and watch in Device Manager you should see the Remote NDIS Compatible Device load.

Select the device, Go to Driver Tab and select Uninstall

I doubt that the USB Serial device would be an issue.

@ willgeorge
in your screenshot, is the driver signed by microsoft the one I want to delete? How did a driver from microsoft install on my computer from a beaglebone?

@ chenselman -

How did a driver from microsoft install on my computer from a beaglebone?

I have no idea.

On my Windows 10 Pro I had to manually install the driver as shown in the link.

The driver I manually installed was Remote NDIS Compatible Device #(number may be different)

@ chenselman -

Did removing the driver work for you?

In reality, the BONE_D64.exe doesn’t install a driver for USB networking at all, just INF files that enable use of the Microsoft RNDIS driver. The INF file is: beaglebone-getting-started/linux.inf at master · beagleboard/beaglebone-getting-started · GitHub.

The FTDI driver is a redistribution of the driver from FTDI.

There is a virtual serial port driver from Microsoft that also has an INF installed: beaglebone-getting-started/linux-cdc-acm.inf at master · beagleboard/beaglebone-getting-started · GitHub.

@ jkridner -
I haven’t been able to remove the driver yet. Are you saying all i need to do is delete the INF files that enable the Microsoft RNDIS driver? If so, how do I find and delete those files? I just need to remove all windows 10 drivers that were installed on my PC when I first installed my beaglebone.

I know you’ve got two threads going here, but can you really explain what you need to remove drivers for?

[quote]Are you saying all i need to do is delete the INF files that enable the Microsoft RNDIS driver? If so, how do I find and delete those files? [/quote]no. You need to select UNINSTALL from the driver in Device Manager, and select the “remove files” option when you do so.

@ Brett - I know you’ve got two threads going here, but can you really explain what you need to remove drivers for?
My boss wants me to remove the drivers so we can return the computer we’re using to a known state before reinstalling the drivers from the BBB. The end goal is to update the drivers to the version we have on another computer which is created by the Linux Developer Community and is dated 11/15/2012, whereas the driver we’re trying to remove is signed by Microsoft and is dated 2006. The problem my boss was running into when he tried to update the driver was that the computer kept deciding the 2006 driver was the most up-to-date driver so it wouldn’t let him update the driver.

What about System Restore Points? Restore points - Win32 apps | Microsoft Learn

What about this to remove INF files? Remove a Driver Package from the Driver Store | Microsoft Learn