How to have 4.1 and 4.3 at the same time

Most work recently has been with 4.3 on G400 and G120 but today I have been asked to make some changes to an older ChipworkX based design.

I ran up VS2010 Express and when I try to load the project it tells me that this project cannot be loaded. :frowning:

The project type is not supported by this installation.

It also reports that the SDK was not installed correctly. I have uninstalled and re-installed with no success.

How can I get this to work?

reinstall the MS-MF SDK 4.1 and or 4.2

Tried to re-install 4.1 and still same error. I get the same error if I try to create a new 4.1 project.

:frowning:

Actuall the GHI SDK 4.3 installer removes the MS-MF 4.2 assemblies and the support in visual studio. I re-installed MS-MF SDK 4.2 (not 4.1) and are able to work on older projects again 4.1 & 4.2

No luck with 4.2 installed.

did you use the microsoft SDK installer or the GHI stuff? You need MS sdk.

Thanks Rob, thatā€™s sorted it and the project loads and builds. :slight_smile:

BUT

The USB device does not show up in the project properties.

In device manager it shows as ā€œGHI NETMF Interfaceā€ under the USB devices but nothing appears in the dropdown list.

The LCD is showing Deployment Application Mode.

I finally got it but had to uninstall the current driver and get it to load the old ChipworkX one.

This is going to be as messy as hell when I go back to the G400 and G120 isnā€™t it?

@ Dave McLaughlin -

Looks like time to use two computersā€¦ ChipworkX will have a new friend

1 Like

@ Dave McLaughlin - I think you will be fine as long add you use the exact same port on your pc?

@ willgeorge - Thatā€™s what I do all the time. It also means I can use one to test the new stuff from GHI and NETMF and will know that the stuff I really need to support will still work just fine. Virtual desktops are also really useful in this regards too. I used to use the VM Workstation solution, but I believe there are free ones about too.

I run the Oracle VM for Ubuntu to do Android Source development and I have Win XP VM I use for other software. The issue I have had is trying to get a USB device to connect to them.

How did you get this to work?

I am using win7 2 PC, intel and amd, and I have 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 are installed on them. They are always happy to live in one house. :smiley: