How to compile a C file for ChipworkX RLP

Hi,

We are trying to compile the examples (or even something smaller):
We are using arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc on Ubuntu.
Is this the right tool to use? If not what else should we use,
and if it is the right tool, can someone help with the error below:

ChipworkX/RLP_Starter_Example/Native#
make
rm .o ./Output/.elf ./Output/*.map
rm: cannot remove ./Output/*.elf': No such file or directory make: [clean] Error 1 (ignored) arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -c -g -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm9 -Wall -I. -I./include -m apcs-frame -fno-builtin RLP_test1.c -o RLP_test1.o arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -c -g -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm9 -Wall -I. -I./include -m apcs-frame -fno-builtin RLP_test2.c -o RLP_test2.o RLP_test2.c: In function âArgumentTestâ: RLP_test2.c:25:2: warning: implicit declaration of function âstrcmpâ arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -nostartfiles -Wl,--Map -Wl,./Output/RLP_test.map -lc -lgc c -T RLP_LinkScript.lds -o ./Output/RLP_test.elf RLP_test1.o RLP_test2.o /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: error : no memory region specified for loadable section.interp’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Error 1
root@ joost-VirtualBox:/mnt/MPLAB/RLP_User/ChipworkX/RLP_Starter_Example/Native#

This is a copy/paste from the read me file in the RLP examples :slight_smile:

GHI Electronics, LLC
	RLP Extensions, support and examples

*** RLP.h

This file includes additional functionalities and extensions to RLP.

In the examples you must re-compile native code files first (steps are below), copy the output elf file to managed application resources and then try the application.

*** RLP_Starter_Example

Provides a simple example with steps on how to compile your native (C++) code and generate the ELF file.

This is a very simple example on compiling RLP:
Compiling Steps:

• Visit http://www.yagarto.de/
  • Download “YAGARTO GNU ARM toolchain” AND “YAGARTO tools”.
  • Install the GNU toolchain. Make sure that “Add YAGARTO to the PATH variable” is selected, if prompted by installer.
  • Install the Yagarto tools. Make sure that “Add the make utils to the PATH variable” is selected, if prompted by installer.
  • Restart your PC.
  • Verify installation. Open the command prompt. You will find it under “Accessories” on Windows.
  • Type “path” and hit enter. In the printed output path you should find YAGARTO (ex, yagarto\bin) and YAGARTO tools (ex, yagarto-tools-20100703\bin).
  • In case they are not in the path, go back and review the installation steps.
  • Open the command prompt.
  • Access your example folder, for example: CD YourPath\RLP_User\YourPlatform\RLP_Starter_Example\Native
  • Type make and hit enter.
    Note: If you had some difficulties with “make” command or you got this message “make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr = 0x41a185)”. you can use “make all” command instead.
    “make all” does not delete the not updated object files. so if user needs to make a clean build (rebuild), object files have to be deleted manually using this command “del *.o”
  • Check the output folder “Output” and you will find the elf file that was just generated.
  • take “makefile” as a reference for any additions of new source code and object files.
    This example shows how to use two source code files. To compile your own source files you might need to change the included “makefile”. There are many sources online on how to use the “make” compiling tool.

*** RLP_Extensions_Example

Shows how to use the RLP extensions.

1 Like

I tried installing this on windows,
added it to the path etc…

When I run make in the RLP_Starter_Example\Native directory I get
make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr = 0x425073)

Thnx !