How to call modded FEZ Domino?

Gus,
what are requirements and copyright permissions to modding FEZ boards based on original GHI schematics?

Lets say I modded FEZ Domino board schematics, PCB… and want to use it in my commercial application. Should I keep the FEZ logo and name on the board? What are legal procedures I should take to release my mod of the FEZ Domino boards?

The files are provided under creative common 3.0 license Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0

Also, if you are using the GHI USBizi chips on the design then GHI can work with you should you need something special

I want to extend the FEZ Domino to have extra 0.1" 40 pin header as you guys did on FEZ Panda II, add LEDs for each Di pin for easier monitoring of the pins, add i2c extender chip, duplicate each ardiuno compatible pin with JST connectors, add BMP085 sensor, 3-axle accelerator, etc.

After I am done with schematics I can send it to GHI for checkout.

This in my proprietary project to control HHO Dry Cell system we are in a process of prototyping.

The reason why I ask about copyright we are going to produce the boards and include them in our Product and KITs.

Couldn’t you do that with a larger custom shield instead of a new board? Just curious if might be a bit easier.

I would love to make up my own large shield, would like to use USBizi 144 chipset, but… I need more than the amount of pins available on the FEZ Domino board.

Can you guys make FEZ Domino II with extra pin breakout as you guys did with FEZ Panda II? Another thing that is badly missing on FEZ Cobra and all USBizi chipset boards is RTC battery. I understand it is big and because of small arduino size factor you guys do not place it there.

What if you guys make version 2 of FEZ Domino in the form factor of Arduino Mega board with RTC backup battery + extra pin breakout similar to FEZ Panda II and Arduino Mega? It will not add to much to the cost of the board but many many FEZ fans will be happy to own one!

Another thing I would like to see on the board is I2C extender chipset like PCA9505 or PCF8574 that will give us up to 8 i2c channels!

Many breakouts use I2C interface and it really sucks when you have to solder up an extender or be limited just by one I2C device to use.

One more thing to add - Audio Out socket on pin An3, though it can be easily done with custom shield…

What do you think about it, Gus?!

This has been discussed a lot of times in the past - including by me ???

The eagle files are there to be a great start for anyone who wants to make one - you just have to find someone who knows Eagle and can go to town on the design aspect, and then a PCB fab who can manufacture to the same standard as the Eagle files assume.

Anyone with a design or seen a CC-BY-SA or other open design for an I2C extender that we could plug into it?

If I didn’t have other projects on the boil I could give it a go - that or no day job.

Borescope, please take a look at the license. What you are doing is allowed within the licence.

Brett, Plus EAGLE is free for non-commercial use and the license for commercial use is very cheap!

I am a experienced with the PFC8574 port expander and have looked at equivalent port expanders like the PCA9505. I was not aware that they could add i2c ports. I thought they only added bi-directional DIO ports.
Do you have a schematic to share?

[quote]I am a experienced with the PFC8574 port expander and have looked at equivalent port expanders like the PCA9505. I was not aware that they could add i2c ports. I thought they only added bi-directional DIO ports.
Do you have a schematic to share?[/quote]
The sample schematics are in official datasheets of the chipsets. I will probably use ЗСФ9505 since it is 16-bit,