How do I get the GHI Mainboard and Modules into my VS2010 Gadgeteer project?

Hello, I have installed the GHI drivers, .NET MF and Gadgeteer. When I create a new Gadgeteer Project in VS2010, I don’t see all the GHI stuff (board + modules). What do I have to do?

You have build release version and install it

Welcome to the board Max4.

Have you downloaded the source from codeplex? [url]http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/[/url]i had the same problem until i compiled (release versions) and installed the modules. then i found that VS2010 allowed me to see and add all the modules. That said the official SDK should be released today (i think? Gus will confirm) which will install all of the bits you need anyway.

Thanks!

I postet this also on codeplex -> GHI should release an SDK today :smiley:

I’ll wait for that - I tried to compile the source, but had some problems with libraries I don’t have installed…

SDK is up now, http://tinyclr.com/forum/15/4267/

The gadgeteer install is painless, and gives you the option to automatically update firmware at the end.

I am not so lucky. Mine update (using the new updater) failed in the middle of programming the spider. I have restarted the update process and it did finish the second time. After putting switches back and rebooting the spider it is not recognized anymore. I’ve tried Loader mode, TinyBooter mode, Default mode, different USB cables,external power supply, different usb ports, restarted pc, etc. - windows does not ding when I plug it in and there is nothing in the device manager. Anybody else has any issues with it?

Hi Architect - mine works just fine, but I skipped the Firmware update.

Under .NET MF -> Tools is a program MFDeploy where you can ping the board.

Maybe update it again?

[quote]I am not so lucky. Mine update (using the new updater) failed in the middle of programming the spider. I have restarted the update process and it did finish the second time. After putting switches back and rebooting the spider it is not recognized anymore. I’ve tried Loader mode, TinyBooter mode, Default mode, different USB cables,external power supply, different usb ports, restarted pc, etc. - windows does not ding when I plug it in and there is nothing in the device manager. Anybody else has any issues with it?
[/quote]

Strange! Power LED is on? Anything on LCD? What voltage do you read between the 2 pins on reset connector?

Thanks Gus for the tip! Fixed it.