High speed serial comunication with HX711

I need to comunicate with chip HX711, i have to make a comunication like image attached.
Some ideas, that’s because times shorter than 1 ms are not possibile with thread sleep.

Tks

About the NETMF & Gadgeteer category

that looks like SPI data. Yep, no question, SPI

Any reason for very high speed? I’ve used the HX711 for a set of scales for a gas bottle and poll it around once per second and get very good resolution out of it. I can read to 1 gram with a 20kg load cell.

1 Like

You have right, I’ve tried to increase time for reading ad it works very good.
Increasing read per second sometimes get a wrong result because some bits is transferred to another string.
I’m using all 1ms sleep.
So actually no problem for that.

Are you using hardware SPI for that? You should be able to read that very quickly.

Not understanding this, if you are using SPI to read, bits should “not get transferred to another string”

You should be able to read incredibly fast using SPI, millions of bits per second.

If you try to handle the clock in software… not so much.

Hello,
Have you created a program to read a weight with HX71. is he available.
I have for a project with a spider read 4 strain gauge.
Thank you

It is dead simple to use but timing is critical if you run it in the high-speed mode. I found it much more stable at a slower speed as I was getting lots of calculation errors in high-speed mode. This was when used with an ESP32 and also on an Android 9.0 embedded system.

Because you need to send extra bits on the end to select the channel, bit bashing is the easiest way to use this device. You need to sample when it indicates data is available when DOUT goes low.