Help building robotic arm from scratch

Very cheap! :o

I do not understand one thing though:

Torque Rate: 10KG

Which is 98.0665002864 Newton.

I guess this is at the closest point to the axle. Is this 98.0665002864 Ncm?
If so, I will order those too… :o

Yeah the 10kg is bad force measurement.

Anyways i am taking a chance on these. I will be dong my own QA on them by opening them up and making sure that all wires glued down and that they have proper greasing. But for the cost its worth the test.

Was my calculation right? 98Ncm?

Yes if what they publish is right. I don’t think i am gonna test it that far.

If they are really this strong for this price, I wonder why they are so cheap, lol :smiley:

You get what you pay for…

Go to a hobby shop, ask them what the strongest, cheapest servo they have is. I have been using just a regular Futaba S3003, it seems to work pretty well in terms of strength.

True. But buying 6 servos each $80 or more is not an option, lol.

Yeah comparable ones sell for 80-120 bucks. Digital servo with 192 oz/in. (8.9kg.cm) at 6 volt with a .16 speed is rather high in cost normally. I know from reviews of it the servo has all metal gears, is noisy and some QA issues. So that means i have to open up each one put some hot glue on some wires and on the motor to stop back off and add some grease to the gearing so be it. I just cant see putting the expense of higher class servo at this point. It takes alot of torque to pick things up and manipulate them. I spose you can use lower class one towards the top as the bottom ones are where the full load really exists.

Are those reviews on the website?
If not, could you post a link?

Some are yes. I will get you the rest when i get home. I spent some time doing research on them before i ordered.

Here are the real stats for them

Modulation: Digital
Torque: 4.8V: 180.0 oz-in (12.96 kg-cm)
6.0V: 208.0 oz-in (14.98 kg-cm)
Speed: 4.8V: 0.17 sec/60°
6.0V: 0.13 sec/60°
Weight: 1.69 oz (47.9 g)
Dimensions: Length:1.56 in (39.6 mm)
Width:0.79 in (20.1 mm)
Height:1.50 in (38.1 mm)
Gear Type: Metal
Rotation/Support: Single Bearing

:o :o :o

127 Ncm??? :o :o :o :o

I HAVE to get those :smiley: :smiley:

The cut arm is being shipped to me now. Still waiting on servos and rechargeable battery for it. I need to order the nuts and bolts or at least goto ace and get them. Will try to put it together quick once everything get here. do some basic stuff then maybe work on a Inverse Kinematics algorithm as i have time for it.

keep me posted, if you need help, this is my email:

foekie01’at’hotmail’dot’com

Will do Will start my own project thread when it gets here and I really start it out. Just gonna do simple joystick control at first or maybe buttons haven’t really decided.

That’s true to a degree, however you need to consider how many hands the servos in a US hobby shop have gone through. They’ve been passed through at least 3 people adding at least a 40% markup on them. Hobby city manufacture their parts themselves (or own the company that does) and then sell them directly. They cost the same, or more to make, as Hitec/Futaba/JR servos but they are getting sold to you directly - therefore saving you a ton of money.

True. I might order those powerful servos along with my LIPO packs and LIPO charger 8)

If you guys are ordering from hobby city, would you mind adding “&aff=19701” to the end of each URL of a product you are going to buy before you put it in your cart, this gives me 5% of the value of those parts as money i can spend there and doesn’t affect you in any way.

so:
find the product you want… add &aff=19701 to the end of the url, press enter to load the page again with new address. add to cart.

Thanks guys!!

Sure Mark, you have helped me a lot and I will absolutely add your referral code!
Thanks again for all your great help! ;D

Thanks Robert, i need to get enough points to buy one of their laser rangefinders to hack… haha.

No problem, you helped me a lot, I will help you get satisfied with your range finding hacks :smiley: