GXP Gadgeteer Bridge Schematic Problems

Problem 1:
Pin X2-9 (G) signal is labelled PWM[em]1[/em] connecting J/P1-32. That J/P1 pin is labelled PWM[em]2[/em] on the CobraIII Schematic. The correct signal name for X2-9 (G) is [em]PWM2[/em].

Problem 2:
Pin X4-7 (G) signal is labelled PWM[em]2[/em] connecting to J/P1-34. That J/P1 pin is labelled PWM[em]6[/em] on the CobraIII Schematic. The correct signal name for X4-7 (G) is [em]PWM6[/em].

Problem 3:
Pin X4-3 (IT) signal is labelled INT1 connecting to J/P1-36. That J/P1 pin is labelled COM2.RTS on the CobraIII Schematic. The correct signal name for X4-3 (IT) is either COM2.RTS or COM2.RTS/INT1. The INT1 signal cannot be traced on the CobraIII schematic unless the P0.6 port on the CobraIII is labelled COM2.RTS/INT1.

Problem 4:
Pin X4-6 (IT) signal is labelled INT2 connecting to J/P1-36. That J/P1 pin is not labelled with a signal name on the CobraIII Schematic. Rather, it is labelled with a port name of P2.21. So far as I can determine from CobraIII schematics, P2.21 has no previously defined signal name. The INT2 signal cannot be traced on the CobraIII schematic unless the P2.21 port on the CobraIII schematic is labelled INT2.

Problem 5:
Pin X4-5 (IT) signal is labelled ADC2 connecting to pin J/P1-30. That J/P1 pin is erroneously labeled ADC2 on the CobraIII schematic when it should
be labelled ADC0. The labeling error on the CobraIII schematic is the subject of an earlier post of mine. The correct signal names for these two pins and the connecting wire is ADC0/TOUCH.XL.

Problem 6:
Pins X5-3 (SU) and X5-6 (SU) signals are named CAN.RD and CAN.TD, respectively. They should be named CAN2.RD and CAN2.TD, respectively, to match their connecting signal names on the CobraIII schematic at pins J/P1-24 and J/P1-26, respectively.

Problem 7:
Pins X5-5 (SU) and X5-4 (SU) signals are named COM.RX and COM.TX, respectively. They should be named COM4.RX and COM4.TX, respectively, to match their connecting signal names on the CobraIII schematic at pins J/P1-37 and J/P1-35, respectively.

Problem 8:
Pins X5-7 (SU), X5-8 (SU) and X5.9 (SU) are named SPI.MOSI, SPI.MISO, and SPI.SCK, respectively. They should be named SPI2.MOSI, SPI2.MISO, and SPI2.SCK, respectively, to match their connecting signal names on the CobraIII schematic at pins J/P1-33, J/P1-33, and J/P1-29, respectively.

I have constructed detailed tabular information on the signal interconnections of the CobraIII board and of the GXP Gadgeteer Connector Bridge which would essentially eliminate the need to cross check signal and port names on different schematic diagrams. I’d like to make these documents available to the community, but I see no way to post a document to the forum.

The board is not made just for cobra! Our is for any GXP capable device. So the pins are named with the feature, not what it maybe on a specific boards.

@ Gus -
I can understand the concept that the part is a multi-use part with a specific connection matrix per board, but that makes it quite difficult to associate the signal names for the correct code setup on non-Gadgeteer projects. I have gone to the trouble of mapping all this information out for CobraIII users. It is a Word document which I can post as a PDF, if only I had a way to share it with the community.

@ srogers - I agree additional mapping will be helpful but the GXP bridge schematic must be generic.

@ Gus, how about putting a page up on the support documents site then? “Using GXP Bridge with Cobra3” and “Using GXP Bridge with …” so you get a clear mapping. That is, unless you have some other plan to give an easy way for someone with a mainboard with GXP header and a GXP bridge to get the correct references ?

A single table, on the developer’s guide, listing the individual products should be plenty and easy enough to create.

1 Like