Glide doesn't support dynamic control's coordinates and background update!

My requirements are perfectly met by Glide. Yours aren’t, and that is ok, and it’s ok to talk about that. Like everything in life, people will have different views of virtually everything that can be discussed, and life would be boring without differences.

GHI have produced something here that was missing from the market; nobody else had anything. It addressed an immediate need, and does a good job at doing that. For someone like me who has no expertise to do anything as complex there is no question that it is a step in the right direction. For someone like you who wants to do more complex things, then

We also have a challenge about “relative value”. Again for someone like me the value (free) means it’s ideal for my purpose; for someone generating a commercial product that has value (# devices sold times value of device) in the thousands of dollars, spending a few hundred on a library to make their life easier may or may not be the right thing to do; for someone whose commercial product has value in the millions of dollars spending $10,000 in R&D to develop something that exactly meets all their needs is sensible. So we will never be able to exactly agree what “value” should be assigned to anything like this.

As Mike has said, your language has come over as harshly critical. I suspect that Ian has hit the nail on the head by saying we are having a language difference here, but please do be aware that the tone of your conversation here can’t be interpreted by all of us in the same way, and posting harsh commentary like this isn’t helping anyone here. You may not know it but the majority of people who come visit the tinyCLR forum / community are actually home enthusiasts not commercial software or hardware vendors.

If you have a serious question and want to discuss this with GHI, then you can find their contact numbers on their website. It would be much better to talk to them to find out how they can best help you meet your needs.

Thank you for answer.
I only want to mention what Gus earlier said:

I didn’t pretend to get some magic functionality from Glide, I simply took a window and moved it. Why all of you still consider this task as something awesome and professional? It’s a very basic fundamental task, no magic! And as Glide was not a free project for commercial use I think (going to buy it) I have a reason to know why it doesn’t do such a simple thing for its not small price. That’s all.

I bored to explain that again and again :frowning:

Let’s stop this holly war and move to positive things.

When most of us think of a user interface we aren’t thinking about labels and buttons that fly all over the screen. What you are trying to do is create an animation platform which obviously wasn’t the intent of Glide in it’s first version. For those wanting to simply create a slick touch screen interface with mostly static placement of controls then Glide is very good. There is, of course, plenty of room for improvement and you have pointed out one of those. Now, let’s get your suggestions added to Glide and move on to the next problem. :slight_smile:

Mike has left the room.

I agree.

:slight_smile:

Skewworks, are you here? I know you are preparing for Clix release 1.2, aren’t you?

I would like to share some of my experience for you and for guys from Glide for improvements. If you don’t mind.
I’m now fighting for every millisecond in rendering speed.

Please start a new thread.

Agree! :slight_smile:

What branch is more proper for the improvement discussing?
Glide — Graphical library for NETMF, or
General Discussion
?

@ Gothic; I’ve resolved your issue on .NET Clix. It will be out today or tomorrow. Note moving a non-fullscreen form now resets the background to black on moving so if you have a form behind a form you won’t see it after the move.

@ Gothic
If you have suggestions for improvement to Glide then put them in the Glide forum. If they are unique to Skewworks tools then either General or his forum on his site.

Do you reset full screen buffer? Or only dirty areas?

OK
I’ll start it here 'cause it mostly concerns Glide.
Some words for Clix won’t be denied I hope.

Full screen.

& I agree w/ Ian. This should either be back on my forum where it started or chat. Not Glide’s forum. :smiley:

Not very good. It significantly increases the payload. I’ve personally give up this approach…

I’m now moving to another forum thread: http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/22/5195/

This topic is closed.