Glide CalibrationWindow

Good day.

I know that in Beta software, chasing gremlins is all part of the fun. That said, is this the proper place to report such findings?

On to the point of this post…

Thank you for providing a standardized calibration mechanism.
The following are my observations with CalibrateWindow.

The calibration points immediately register on TouchDown.
I have found that if the stylus bounces (perhaps I should lay off the caffeine) the next calibration point is registered.
This throws off the whole calibration, making it impossible to tap the “Exit” or “Start Again” buttons. The only option is a complete reset.

I propose that TouchUpEvent facilitate the trigger. This would allow the operator to precisely target the calibration point.

Additionally, perhaps an optional, “Keep calibration” dialog with 15 second timeout is warranted, and/or logic that determines when calibration points are too close for the given screen size.

Last, I propose the relabeling of the “Start Anyway” button to “Recalibrate” and “Exit” to “Done” in effort to better blend into an application’s UI.

Best regards,
-CF

Your post placement is fine. Your suggestions will be incorporated into tomorrow’s release. What do you mean by points being too close/dialog?

Thank you, Josh, for your interest in my opinion.

I propose two separate safety mechanisms.

1. A “Keep changes” dialog with a timeout that would revert to the previous calibration data if the “Yes” button is not pressed. Similar to the way Windows behaves when the display resolution is changed. This way, if something went wrong when tapping calibration points, the system can easily self-correct back to the last known good calibration.

2. Build in logic that determines when calibration points are too close together for a given screen size. The first calibration point is dead-center, so upper-left should be -x -y from dead-center. From there, lower-left should be -x +y from dead-center. Etc. Touch-screen to LCD orientation would need to be taken into consideration.

#1 is the simplest and mostly fool-proof mechanism. Although this can be easily facilitated outside of CalibrationWindow, I’d argue that inside is where it belongs as a part of the process.

#2 is my attempt to needlessly over-complicate, of which I am notoriously guilty.

-CF