GHI.Premium.System causes Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware exception?

I’m fairly certain I have this on the right board, since GHI.Premium is part of the 4.2 release. If not, my apologies for posting in the wrong area.

My project is chugging along happily. I found that I wanted to use the FlushExtendedWeakReferences() function, which I saw was in the NETMF 4.1 package. However, I’m on the Cerebus and running 4.2. So instead I found it in the GHI.Premium.System assembly.

Once I added the assembly and used it, Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll started complaining. Is there a known issue with these two assemblies, or could this be something on my end?

Output from debugger looks something like this:

'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI OSHW NETMF v4.2 SDK\Assemblies\le\GHI.OSHW.Native.dll'
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

I can provide more details if needed, left them out to keep the initial question short.

You can’t use premium assemblies on OSHW boards
The only premium Gadheteer is Spider at the moment.

Thank you, I was unaware there was a difference there. I figured anything in the package was usable by my board.

Is there a FlushExtendedWeakReference function elsewhere I can use on cerebus?

Unfortunately no, but may be GHI will add it later to OSHW firmware as well.

That would be fantastic. I know that Gus (in some of the posts I’ve been reading on the topic) has been pushing to see it from NETMF for a while, I can imagine he would like the addition.

Instead of me making another thread for this follow-up question, maybe you could direct me to another option to have some sort of flash storage? My board doesn’t go idle at any point, so the EWR doesn’t get written to flash unless I can somehow force it to do so.

See if this can help. Derive your own class from ExtendedWeakReference. This is needed to get access to the protected Finalize method.

See if calling Finalize does what you want.

EWR is not premium nor OSHW. This is a piece of the core netmf itself. On a small device like Cerberus, we decided to keep it out to save on memory but we have seen few requests fro it so we maybe adding it to the core.

But the helper function is ghi’s premium feature.

Just added this to wiki http://wiki.tinyclr.com/index.php?title=FEZ_Cerberus_Developer#Why_EWR_is_not_available_on_cerb-family.3F

Thank you, Gus. Is flash memory storage completely out of the picture without an SD card, then? I don’t have the time/resources to order an SD card at this point in the project.