GHI Electronics NETMF 2016 SDK Pre-Release 1

@ willgeorge - Why have you deleted your post? It was the solution I was looking for.

@ iamin - follow instructions in this link:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/336/g400-bootloader-installation
Once bootloader is loaded the SAM-BA is no longer be necessary.
There is also link mentioned ā€œG400 Bootloader Installerā€.

1 Like

Another issue. I cannot use FEZ Hydra anymore after updating its loader to 4.3.7.7 and firmware to 4.3.8.0. I am getting:

[quote]Attaching to deviceā€¦
Waiting for device to initializeā€¦
The debugger engine failed to receive any debug events from the debugging target[/quote]

Program consists of 1 [em]Debug.Print[/em] line.

@ iamin -

Because I forgot to ask what version SDK you were using and I thought it best I try it firstā€¦

Sorryā€¦

@ iamin - There should be a Readme.txt file in C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\NETMF v4.3 SDK\Firmwares\G400 where the Update Loader.bat file used to be that explains the new process.

For the Hydra issue, are you still using VS2013 with the NETMF 4.3 QFE2 SDK?

Yes.

@ iamin - Does the issue go away if you go back to 2015 R1?

@ John - The issue has resolved itself. I have tried to deploy the same 1 line program on another PC with VS2013 + SDK 2016 R1 and it worked. After that I was able to continue using my primary PC. So, I have not changed anything, I have not even restarted VS. Mystery :slight_smile:

@ John - Well, I am back to square zero. After a few successful deployments I am getting the same error message. I donā€™t have another PC to try at the moment.

@ iamin - Does it go away if you re-update the firmware or go back to 2015 R1? Unfortunately we canā€™t reproduce it.

When I try to install on my new fresh Win 10 x64 system, Iā€™ve got an error:

Setup Failed.
It asks me ā€œNETMF SDK.exeā€.

Thnaks for any help

Sorry, Iā€™ve found the reason: my download was corrupted !
New download, new install, and all was fine ā€¦ :-[

There is a small bug in the TouchC8 module. The code on line 257 needs to be changed from

to

```cs]	this.OnWheelPositionChanged(this, new WheelPositionChangedEventArgs(wheelDirection, wheelPosition));[/code

@ Sprigo - Thanks, itā€™s been fixed.

Any news regarding the release of the 2016 SDK or another beta with the networking fixes etc?

@ networkfusion - We are getting close to the next release, but we donā€™t have a firm date yet.

@ John - Thanks for the reply. Eagerly awaited.