Gadgeteering Package for Lynx and Medusa is currently unavailable

Every now and then I pop in to see if there has been any updates for Lynx and Medusa.

Just now when I checked I noticed this sentence “The latest Gadgeteering Package is currently unavailable”. Does this perhaps mean an update is coming? ::slight_smile:

In the early days I spent a couple of days playing with my new Lynx, but then put it to one side until what I thought would still be the official launch. But then after some time has passed without any news it slowly dawned that what I had was already the official launch.

I think Lynx and Medusa are great products, but cannot help feeling slightly disappointed that there are not more and better examples, codeshares and general discussions on the forum. When it was initially launched I thought it was just the start of big things, but it feels like it was a bit neglected after that, and wonder if that is the reason why there does not seem be as much enthusiasts as I expected it would attract. The result is that I’m embarrased to admit that I actually started becoming more of regular Arduino fan. :-[

[quote]
Just now when I checked I noticed this sentence “The latest Gadgeteering Package is currently unavailable”.[/quote]

That is a major oversight on my part. Thank you for pointing it out!!

[quote]
Does this perhaps mean an update is coming? [/quote]

To focus our resources and produce quality products, we often work on one project at a time . After getting a solid Gadgeteering framework released, we turned to an update to our NETMF and Gadgeteer SDK 4.2; we are hard at work on another SDK that has been under high demand by NETMF users. After that we are planning on some great new product lines!

To encourage community support for Gadgeteering we made our Git repository fully open to the public: https://bitbucket.org/ghi_elect/gadgeteering

Hi Jeff. Thanks for the reply. As a software developer myself, I understand about priorities and how there are only limited resources and lots to do. And it is important for GHI to focus first on the highest profile and demands first like you said. I’m looking forward to all the things currently in the pipeline.