Gadgeteer Uart Hub

Simple Gadgeteer mux module I just finished. It turns one K port into 3 U ports and 1 USB Com port. Good for debugging and expansion.

2 Likes

Interesting module. I am curious why don’t you make your modules follow module builder specification.

Does your module pass 5v and 3v3 back to the mainboard?

I didn’t know about it until yesterday. I’ve just been making modules for my projects.

Just like standard modules, this module gets its 5 and 3V3 from the mainboard. The K and U ports all pass power through from the mainboard. The mini usb does not.

I do have a version that can take power from the mainboard or supply its own power. Its good when you have power hungry devices on the ports.

[quote=“charlieHustle”]

I didn’t know about it until yesterday. I’ve just been making modules for my projects.[/quote]

That’s my goal as well – one day to make some modules for myself. Perhaps if people are interested to sell them.

Just like standard modules, this module gets its 5 and 3V3 from the mainboard. The K and U ports all pass power through from the mainboard. The mini usb does not. [/quote][/quote]

Gotcha … I was thinking the USB could be used to be a power source for the project.