Gadgeteer - SD Card Module - Cannot mount SD Adapter card for micro SD

Hi all,

I have the problem about SD card module. Using with SD card like in the first photo, my program works fine but not for the adapter SD in the second photo. The error immediately raises in the methode Program::InitializeModules.
Please tell me how can i solve this problem?

Thanks for advance.

‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer\Core\Assemblies.NET Micro Framework 4.2\le\Gadgeteer.WebClient.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI .NET Gadgeteer SDK\Modules\GenericDaisylink\NETMF 4.2\le\GTM.GHIElectronics.GenericDaisylink.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.Xml.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘D:\Dev\Livraison\TechnosvalgGad\Technosvalg\bin\Debug\le\Technosvalg.exe’, Symbols loaded.
The thread ‘’ (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZSpider version 1.0
#### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (1) ####
#### Message:
#### GHI.Premium.IO.PersistentStorage::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
#### GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZSpider::MountStorageDevice [IP: 0005] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.SDCard::MountSDCard [IP: 000f] ####
#### Technosvalg.Program::InitializeModules [IP: 0016] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘System.Exception’ occurred in GHI.Premium.IO.dll
SDCard ERROR : Error mounting SD card - no card detected.

I’m using exactly the same configuration (FEZ Spider + MicroSD adapter) and I don’t have this issue… I’m working on netmf 4.3 but I don’t think this makes the difference.

Have you checked that Micro SD adapter works correctly when plugged in a PC?
Maybe the “Lock” pin (situated on the left) is enabled and can annoy?
Is the MicroSD card FAT32 formatted?

@ BigFoot - Maybe the version 4.3 makes the difference. I have formated in FAT16 and see the “lock” pin is not set to disable position. I will try formating it to FAT32 and informe to you. Later, I think that I have to upgrade my project to 4.3 but not now … !
Thanks BigFoot.

You’re welcome!
Just one thing, pay attention to “Lock” pin, I think it must be disabled (I mean “not locked”).

The update to 4.3 has been drastic also to me, but I can assure you it’s worth!

1 Like