Gadgeteer, NETMF articles wishlist

Skewworks had already forked and fixed some problems with MicroTweet a while ago. I’m not sure if it was before the new API changes or not. Unfortunately, I don’t see any of his OSS stuff listed on his website anymore.

@ Skewworks - Is it still out there somewhere?

I was searching for something like this. I would very much appreciate something like this as well!

How about this for RLP
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/917

You can read this blog entry on how to send tweets with your gadgeteer http://www.awsomedevsigner.com/2014/12/24/teaching-net-gadgeteer-how-to-tweet/

Kudos to Simon from Vilnius and Awsomedevsigner !

2 Likes

@ PiWi - Thank you very much :slight_smile: @ mobernberger Working on a basic single-user authentication on NETMF as well. If you want the source, I can send it to you.

Hey everyone,

First off, sorry for bumping an old thread – I see there was some interest in my MicroTweet library here :slight_smile:

I’ve just posted a new version of it to GitHub: GitHub - misenhower/MicroTweet: Twitter API Library for the .NET Micro Framework

This is a complete re-write that now targets Twitter’s v1.1 API. Twitter also now requires HTTPS, so this library can only be used on boards that support SSL.

Enjoy!

Matt

9 Likes

Thanks, Matt! I’m posting so that your link is visible since you don’t yet have enough points to post links…

@ ianlee74 - Thanks Ian! Guess I need to post more :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ misenhower - I loved your MicroTweet library and used it in a number of my devices, so I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am to see it back up to date as I’ll happily use it again in a pile of devices. Yes I know I could send messages to whatever and have it forward it on as a tweet, but there is nothing better then being able to directly tweet from the device itself, fewer layers is always better.

As to posting here more often, heck ya!!

Thanks again!!!

2 Likes

@ misenhower - Thanks :slight_smile: Starred and forked :slight_smile:

@ misenhower - thanks, and Me too 8)

@ Duke Nukem - Wow, I’m really happy to hear you liked it! I agree – it might be easier in some ways to forward messages through another service, but I really like having everything running self-contained on the device itself. Otherwise, what’s the point of the Ethernet jack? :slight_smile:

When you get things going again, I’d love to see what you’ve built! :slight_smile:

Matt

1 Like