Gadgeteer at the upcoming patterns & practices symposium

It’s up Shows | Microsoft Learn

@ Pete Just watched this and wanted to congratulate you on an excelent job :clap:
Really informative show and well presented. BTW loved the T-Shirt too :slight_smile:

P.S Should you really be hot plugging modules into a spider though :o live on air too? :wink:

[quote]@ Pete Just watched this and wanted to congratulate you on an excelent job Clapping
Really informative show and well presented. BTW loved the T-Shirt too Smiley[/quote]

thanks

Probably not, but I’ve had more issues with disconnecting USB during events, so I take the risk.

Pete

Nice job, Pete. And thanks for the shout-out. :slight_smile:

Thanks. The meeblipiator you created is a great sample. I just had to show it off.

Could you hear the synth in the video? We did a lo-fi job on that (speakers on the table)

Pete

Yes, the sounds was ok.

@ Architect

thanks. I tried to stream it on the plane here, but bandwidth at 35k feet just isn’t that great :slight_smile:

Pete

Yep. Sounded fine.

I also really enjoyed the ping sensor demo…I may have to steal that one. :slight_smile:

thanks. The ping sensor was intersting, but really fickle. I like the Max Sonar sensors a bit more, but they’re also fickle.

I originally tried to play a tune, but it was pretty unreliable.

Pete

Three words, Pete:

Gadgeteer Laser Harp

Just sayin… :smiley:

Well done! I liked the range finder sound control demo.

Any chance you could share an Inkscape file for the board you are using to mount every thing?

I have been trying to get the Max Sonar to work but not having much luck

Sean

Check out this thread:

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/21/4649/

ransomhall has a board he uploaded to Ponoko:

http://www.ponoko.com/design-your-own/products/fez-spider-web-v1-6480

But best of all is getting cheap Tamiya universal plates…they’re a little smaller than Pete’s board, but they’re VERY affordable:

Thanks andrew.

IIRC, that thread has the NC file/program I used. It’s just a couple drill loops, so I didn’t bother to design in a tool.

The large Tamiya board is what I used to hold the Netduino GO. You can see there’s a fair bit of room on it.

Pete

Where did you buy that Tmaya board from Pete?

@ Gus,

Got mine here:

Is it the $11 one? :o

Yep

just on plates a little longer, what standoffs and bolts are people using? I’m looking for acrylic options if possible - I have a handful of acrylic standoffs that weren’t very expensive but weren’t cheap, but no bolts at this time; cheap sources are better!

I think we had a thread before with some links. The new amazon parts side has a lot of them.

Ebay, by far, had the cheapest standoffs. I use 4-40 either M/F or F/F

1/4 " will work for most uses, but 1/2" or 3/8" long is better for the ones with sockets underneath.

Pete