Gadgeteer at NoVA Mini Maker Faire

Just got back from the NoVA Mini Maker Faire, where I had a booth entitled “Meet Gadgeteer: Modular Reusable Electronics”.

The booth was busy pretty much the entire day, with a good mix of kids and adults. Sadly, I did not have much time to get pictures during the event, since I was too busy answering questions and demonstrating all the projects I’d brought along.

People were pretty blown away by how simple Gadgeteer makes it to build cool projects (including one that will remain a secret for now), and I had a local teacher essentially demand that I create a class to teach teachers how to teach this stuff, as well as parents wanting me to teach a camp, and a local makerspace asking me to come teach. So clearly, there’s a hunger for a simpler way to do and teach electronics.

I’m pretty exhausted, after 11 hours on my feet, but it was a lot of fun. I did get one pic of my title slide, with an unexpected guest who stopped by (see below).

Big props to Sean Westcott (@ swestcott) and his wife Jean, who stepped up to help me run the booth. Without them, there’s no way I could have handled the traffic.

Oh, and did I mention that they put us at the very entrance to the gymnasium in the building we were in? So everyone who came or left had to walk right by us. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: Swapping out the pic for a better shot that Sean took which shows more of the gear we had with us, including my blinky star and Gadgeteer module cases on the far right.

11 Likes

Well done, congratulations! :clap:

Thanks! Couldn’t have done it alone.

And all three of us (myself, Sean, and Jean) made sure to let folks know about this fantastic community, and the support we’ve all gotten. :slight_smile:

Just posted my slide deck from the Maker Faire, in case anyone would like to have a look:

You can also download directly from http://1drv.ms/1xrVEjE

1 Like