I have a board with a G400-S module which was suddenly unable to flash, so I replaced the module.
The new module is still unable to flash.
We use the UART COM1 programming interface
I have checked:
- 12MHz Y1
- Pin 77 receiving 0-3.3V UART data at 115200 when I push Erase in MFDeploy or Start in Visual Studio
- Pin 76 transmitting UART data at 115200
- When I trip the reset line, I get the text ‘RomBOOT’ at my PC, confirming the signal path, and that something on the G400 is working.
- Note: the first packet is 0-3.3V for 750us, 200us delay, then 400us of data from 2.3-3.3V. Seems odd. It’s very consistent though. Attached below.
- When I Erase/Start, there is NO data transmitted.
- SAM-BA pin 75 is 3.3V
- LDR0 pin 101 is 0V
- LDR1 pin 38 is 3.3V
VS says “Unable to communicate with device…”
MFDeploy says “Error: No response from device”.
I have confirmed that my RS232 dongle works with other boards.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
RomBOOT message + garbage: