G400-D won't (network) ping after setting IP/slow boot after FEZ config

Hi,
I’m running G400-D in the application where I used to use ChipworkX (of course we’ve modified our board according to the Compatibility Chart on the product page).
After fixing couple of issues we’ve deployed our app and set network config through FEZ Config.

a) If we now connect the board to the network, it won’t ping at the IP we’ve given it. Is that fine? The ChipworkX used to ping right after setting IP…

b) after connecting the module to FEZ Config (no matter whether we actually change something or not) the boot procedure of the G400 after reset slows down unbelievably. After deploy from VS it takes about 2 seconds to boot while after connecting to FEZ Config the load takes 48 seconds (every time since that until we deploy the app from VS again). Any tips what do we do wrong?

Thanks!

Sebastian

@ Sebastian Machat - I have just responded to your email and am actively investigating the issue now. Again, Gary and I were away for a conference the last few days and we apologize for the delay.

@ Sebastian Machat -

[quote]b) after connecting the module to FEZ Config (no matter whether we actually change something or not) the boot procedure of the G400 after reset slows down unbelievably. After deploy from VS it takes about 2 seconds to boot while after connecting to FEZ Config the load takes 48 seconds (every time since that until we deploy the app from VS again). Any tips what do we do wrong?
[/quote]
=> On Fez Config, use Advance-> Reboot CLR, or use MFDeploy -> Plug in -> Debug -> Clear Boot Loader flag

1 Like

Thank you, Dat. We’ll try that asap.

@ Sebastian Machat - I just tested this as well and can confirm Dat’s fix. After grabbing the configuration, the G400 is left in Bootloader mode. Subsequent resets leaves it in Bootloader as well. Reboot TinyCLR option returns the G400 to TinyCLR and reboots are 2-3 seconds again. I will email the same as I am posting.

Hello

I found “Check device for update” very handy. It tells you wheater you have to reboot the CLR or not.

If something is strage with my G400 I first check if “Check device for update” works.

If that fails, I do “Reboot CLR”.

If that fails I try “Erase application” from the Deployment tab.

If that fails I go directly to redeploying the TinyBooter.

I have spent quite some time hunting bugs that vanished after redeploying the TinyBooter.

Maybe that works for you as well.

=> On Fez Config, use Advance-> Reboot CLR, or use MFDeploy → Plug in → Debug → Clear Boot Loader flag
[/quote]

for a), follow the link: https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=14986&page=4

at post #30