G120HDR InterruptPort

Hi,

I’m working with G120HDR and try to make it working with ENC28 module. I connect the INIT# pin to P0.5, but there a exception rise during driver initialization.
It seems P0.5 not support interrupt. I found from the G120 Module Brochure that P0_x and P2_x are Interrupt Capable, but from G120HDR_Developer web it says interrupt function is not implemented.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Hi Tom Lu,

Welcome to the community.

What is the firmware version that you are using?

ENC28 on G120HDR works fine for me with firmware 4.2.5.0 and thefollowing pins:
SPI2
Chipselect: P1.9
Interrupt: P2.4 (P0.6 also works for sure)
Reset: not connected
WOL not connected
Init like this:

Eth1 = new EthernetENC28J60(SPI.SPI_module.SPI2,  G120.Pin.P1_9, G120.Pin.P2_4,  G120.Pin.GPIO_NONE);

Might be a good idea to add this info to the ENC28 Wiki entry?

I have firmware 4.2.4.0. Where I can find the latest firmware for G120HDR?

Pinging… TinyCLR
HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0
HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Microsoft Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rig
HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 255
HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 0
HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 65535
HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0
ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Microsoft Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rig
ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.4.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: GHI Electronics, LLC
SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Oct 4 2012
SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 410462
FloatingPoint: True
SourceLevelDebugging: True
ThreadCreateEx: True
LCD.Width: 320
LCD.Height: 240
LCD.BitsPerPixel: 16
AppDomains: True
ExceptionFilters: True
IncrementalDeployment: True
SoftReboot: True
Profiling: False
ProfilingAllocations: False
ProfilingCalls: False
IsUnknown: False

The latest is detailed in this thread http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=9388 and available from http://www.ghielectronics.com/support/dotnet-micro-framework but the GHI team are saying there’s a new one on the way tomorrow that addresses some of the known issues so it may be worthwhile holding off unless you really want to nut this out. Oh and if you have the SDK installed, you have to use the same firmware version as the SDK - so you should always update the SDK and firmware in sync.

Thanks.
I have download the latest GHI NETMF SDK v4.2(oct 26), and able to find the firmware then update.
But somehow after that I unable to install driver, it always shows like below.

Please see note here about loading the driver manually http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=9388

Can someone help check if the new WinUSB driver work with Win XP? Just figure out it works on my Win 7 PC, but XP PC not.

You need to use the legacy driver on some XP systems or in VM

legacy driver means old firmware right? because I cannot install legacy driver with new firmware.

No, they are included in the latest SDK.
When you install the SDK you can optionally check to install the legacy drivers (they are not installed by default).
When installed you get a 3rd subfolder in the USB Driver directory.