G120 deployment issues

Hello,

I am working on a project currently which involves a G120. I am using VS2019 with tinyCLR OS 1.0. on a windows 10x64 machine.

I am having issues with deploying to the G120. After I do a clean install of VS2019, I can deploy my project without any issues. But sometimes, after a while, for instance the next day when I want to continue, I am no longer able to deploy the project, the following happens:

Looking for a device on transport ‘USB’.
Found device port ‘USB’ with ID ‘fa02637a-5671-459b-8012-ce25db06d305’ for transport ‘Usb’.
Starting device deployment.
Attempting to connect to device ‘USB:G120’: iteration 0.
Opening port ‘\?\usb#vid_1b9f&pid_5007#6&30c8ca5f&0&6#{c13bcfe9-5e84-4187-9baa-45597ffcbb6f}’.
Attaching debugger engine.
Debugger engine attached.
Generating device specific assemblies.
- ReglerNextGen.Controller v1.0.0.0 with size 17.228 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\ReglerNextGen.Controller.pe’.
- mscorlib v1.0.0.0 with size 72.284 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\mscorlib.pe’.
- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Adc v1.0.0.0 with size 2.396 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Adc.pe’.
- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Can v1.0.0.0 with size 7.804 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Can.pe’.
- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Gpio v1.0.0.0 with size 4.808 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Gpio.pe’.
- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Pwm v1.0.0.0 with size 2.812 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Pwm.pe’.
- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Storage v1.0.0.0 with size 2.868 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Storage.pe’.
- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.IO v1.0.0.0 with size 20.904 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.IO.pe’.
- GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Native v1.0.0.0 with size 4.220 bytes at ‘C:\Software\TinyCLR\SCU_v1.0\ReglerNextGen\ReglerNextGen\bin\Debug\pe\GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Native.pe’.
Total deployment size is 135.324 bytes.
Incrementally deploying assemblies to the device:
There were not enough space totaling 0 bytes found for assembly: 135324.
Assemblies not successfully deployed to the device.
Deployment to the device was not successful.

The day before it did write the changed code no problem and suddenly the next day it refuses to upload the code…

I have tried to erase the app, reload firmware etc., nothing helps unless I do a fresh install of VS2019…but this is very time consuming and this is the third time already.

What is wrong? This is starting to drive me insane…

Hopefully someone can help.

kind regards,

Remco

Hi Remco,
Did you try if it works with a very short “Hello World” App?

I just did; simple app:

using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading;

namespace TinyCLRApp_HelloWorld
{
class Program
{
static void Main()
{
Timer timer = new Timer(Ticker, null, 0, 1000);
}
static void Ticker(object o)
{
Debug.WriteLine(“Hello world!”);
}
}
}

Looking for a device on transport ‘USB’.
Found device port ‘USB’ with ID ‘c54e33f2-be98-4963-9f83-be18919ab64e’ for transport ‘Usb’.
Starting device deployment.
Attempting to connect to device ‘USB:G120’: iteration 0.
Opening port ‘\?\usb#vid_1b9f&pid_5007#5&2ec8f72a&0&2#{c13bcfe9-5e84-4187-9baa-45597ffcbb6f}’.
Attaching debugger engine.
Debugger engine attached.
Generating device specific assemblies.
- TinyCLRApp_HelloWorld v1.0.0.0 with size 500 bytes at ‘C:\Users\r_lou\source\repos\TinyCLRApp_HelloWorld\TinyCLRApp_HelloWorld\bin\Debug\pe\TinyCLRApp_HelloWorld.pe’.
- mscorlib v1.0.0.0 with size 72.284 bytes at ‘C:\Users\r_lou\source\repos\TinyCLRApp_HelloWorld\TinyCLRApp_HelloWorld\bin\Debug\pe\mscorlib.pe’.
Total deployment size is 72.784 bytes.
Incrementally deploying assemblies to the device:
There were not enough space totaling 0 bytes found for assembly: 72784.
Assemblies not successfully deployed to the device.
Deployment to the device was not successful.

Just re-install VS2019 then everything is OK?

Oh my… the extension manager had automatically updated the tinyCLR to 2.0! :frowning:

There is a checkbox which is automatically ticked after installing the OS v1.0 and when there is an active internet connnection it immediately updates to v2.0 without even noticing…oops

After uninstalling the OS2.0 and disabling the internet connection, I installed OS1.0 extension again and unticked the option “Automatically update extension” in the extension manager…

If only I had realized this sooner, would have saved me some time.

Anyway, hopefully this thread will help someone else in the future.

Thank you for your quick repsonses, and I am glad I can continue with the project.

regards,

Remco

3 Likes

You are welcome to try G120 with TinyCLR 1.0 but you get the real experience only with TinyCLR 2.0 on SITCore. Something to keep in mind when you are testing it out.

I now have this exact problem.
Where can I get hold of the older version 1.0 of the extension?

https://docs.ghielectronics.com/software/tinyclr/downloads.html

2 Likes