G120 Clarification

I have a solution that requires uController and WIFI, will the G120 SoM integrate with the RS9110-N-11-22-04 WiFi module without many issues? I think it has mentioned on here already but I just want to make absolutely sure before purchasing anything.

Yes it will work but we are still finishing the drivers. Redpine changed a lot of things lately and we are upgrading to use their latest. Should be ready in short weeks.

Is pull-up resistors needed on SPI when hooking up G120 with Redpine Wifi module?

I do not think it is needed. We will provide a reference design soon.

is the reference design for Only redpine or is it for general spi devices?

I am about to send my G120 designs on protype manufactoring and like to make shure that I havent missed any pull-up, pull-down resistor for SPI.

I have been waiting patiently myself. I refuse to send in my design until I can review the GHI reference materials.

@ Gus - Hi, Gus, I use a RS9110-N-11-22-01 module in my design. Recently I could only get RS9110-N-11-22-04 version and I found that the range dropped significantly. Redpine claims these are identical replacement (but then why the new numbering?). Do you have any info about this issue?

@ duntax - You mean you used RS9110-N-11-21-01. and now you are using RS9110-N-11-22-04 . Those modules are identical at the wireless part. you should get the exact same signal strength. If you like you can use RS9110-N-11-22-05 with external antenna antenna.

We sell both RS9110-N-11-22-04 and RS9110-N-11-22-05